December 17, 2011

Own a Piece of Recycled Wearable Art, Stunning, Handcrafted Batik Sarongs Now Available Direct from Java



The Javanese city of Yogyakarta in which I live is the cultural hub and art capital of the island. Batik, the ancient art of painting designs onto fabric using wax as a resist, still flourishes here. The outdoor markets offer lovely used sarongs that incorporate traditional designs and techniques. These photos are typical of what's available:





Before heading back to the U.S. in mid-February 2012, I plan to purchase a collection of used sarongs that I will be offering for sale. These sarongs typically are 40 x 80 inches and they are all 100% cotton. Since they are used, they all acquire a wonderfully soft hand and some have an attractive, aged patina.

They are perfectly suited for creating clothing such as skirts, tops, and jackets as well as bags, quilts, cushions, hair adornments, and wall hangings. Please note the dimensions when ordering.

Each piece is from $8- $25 plus $5 shipping.

To order your sarongs, please email me here. I only have a few left so contact me today!

To order or learn more, please send me an email at willow paule @ gmail dot com.



willowpaule at gmail dot com